Front Office - Front Desk Supervisor
Company: The Hotel at Auburn University
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The front Desk Supervisor is responsible for the daily
operations of the Front Desk for assigned shift. This position will
also be involved in training of new staff as directed by the Front
Desk Manager. Efficiency, perfection and impeccable service will be
the mantras of this position.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Standard office equipment, including telephone, fax, computer,
hotel, and accounting
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Good interpersonal skills required
* Excellent listening skills required
* Ability to learn quickly
* Must be adaptable and flexible
* Ability to multi-task
* Remain calm and professional under stress
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude
* The ability to handle conflict and confrontation
* Ability to work with little or no supervision
* Be able to make decisions, possess good judgment
* Ability to listen, speak and write English to ascertain and
respond to client needsExperience
* Minimum two years of previous hotel front desk or related work
* Ability to effectively communicate in English; excellent written,
verbal and organizational skills.
* Must be able to multi-task and be very detail oriented;
proficient in computers.
Skills and Knowledge
* Impeccable communication skills knowledge of correct grammar and
* Be a "doer". Possesses the ability to be results focused and is
* Ability to complete assigned tasks within established
* Strong customer development and relationship management
* Strong organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a
stressful and tense environment.
* Knowledge of operations and associated opportunities.
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Professional communication skills (verbal, listening,
* Strong internal and external customer relation skills
* Maintain relationships e.g., resort staff, customers, vendors,
advertisers, business partners
* Willingness to demonstrate lateral service and support in
cooperative and pleasant manner for the overall good and benefit of
* Strong organizational skills, as well as understanding of
* Ability to integrate and harmonize office functions
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior
management, colleagues, subordinates, and individuals inside and
outside the hotel
* Must be computer literate. Must exhibit a professional manner in
dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working
Education or Certification
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Hospitality Management Degree beneficial.
Keywords: The Hotel at Auburn University, Auburn , Front Office - Front Desk Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!