Posted on: March 11, 2020
Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis
of Quality processes, and systems. May develop a range of products
or processes and recommends alterations to improve quality of
products and/or processes. Requires a bachelor's and a minimum of 3
years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar
with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of
creativity and latitude is expected.
* Implement, lead, and sustain Quality Management Systems to ensure
effectiveness and compliance to the ISO 9001:2015 standard & AS9100
* Collect and analyze data, track and report metrics, and use to
develop detailed action plans.
* Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives that
will improve key performance metrics, product quality, process
capability, process control, and customer satisfaction.
* Achieve results through effective utilization of strategy
deployment, lean manufacturing, root cause analysis, PFMEA, and
* Manage and participate in preventive and corrective action
activities, challenging the team to consistently implement accurate
and effective solutions that address root cause.
* Manage issues to completion and audit to verify effectiveness and
* Serve as the site representative with customers, suppliers, and
* Assist in development, implementation, maintenance, and
improvement of Quality Systems (ISO 9001:2015, AS9100 REV D),
including document control, internal audits and corrective
* Utilize continuous improvement tools including SPC, FMEA, Gage
R&R, & structured problem solving.
* Lead 6 Sigma projects and Kaizen activities to reduce PPM, total
cost of quality, & improve manufacturability.
* Develop inspection methods, gages and be a key resource in
optimizing inspection equipment utilization.
* Verify adherence to quality standards, procedures and product
* Lead identification of quality improvement opportunities, drive
root cause analyses, champion Lean and Six Sigma methodology and
support quality improvement projects for reduction in PPM and cost
* Implement, lead and sustain the PPAP process for certain
* ACTION ORIENTED: Readily takes on challenges without unnecessary
planning, identifies and seizes new opportunities, steps up to
handle tough challenges
* MANAGES COMPLEXITY: Asks the right questions to accurately
analyze a situation, Acquires data from multiple sources when
solving problems, uncovers root causes to difficult problems,
evaluates pros, cons, risks, and benefits of different solution
* RESOURCEFULNESS: Marshals resources to get things done,
orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a
goal, gets the most out of limited resources, applies knowledge of
internal structures, processes, and culture to resourcing
* CULTIVATES INNOVATION: Comes up with useful ideas that are new
better or unique, introduces new ways of looking at problems, can
take a creative idea and put it into practice, encourages diverse
thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
* TECH SAVVY: Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and
makes adjustments, sans the environment for new technical skills,
knowledge or capabilities that can benefit business or personal
performance, rejects low impact or fad technologies, readily learns
and adopts new technologies
* CUSTOMER FOCUS: Gains insight into customer needs, identifies
opportunities that benefit the customer, builds and delivers
solutions that meet customer expectations, establishes and
maintains effective customer relationships.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* Bachelor's Degree
* 3-5 years experience in a similar role in a manufacturing
* Ability to develop and implement internal auditing processes and
* Analytical problem solving skills with proven mechanical
* Experience with ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100 REV D.
* Use of spreadsheet tools for Quality and Production Data
* SAP Experience would be a plus
* Ability to work directly with manufacturing and Quality staff to
troubleshoot and solve problems
* Understands process stability and demonstrates system
* Demonstrates high initiative and proactive thinking
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures,
markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that
help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord
aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine
to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water
solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Within Rexnord Power Transmission, we design, manufacture, market
and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components
worldwide used within complex systems where our customers
reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are
extremely high. We keep industry moving with products and services
that enhance the reliability of equipment supporting key
industries, including food, beverage & liquid, automotive, energy,
and mining. Our new digital productivity platform, DiRXN
(pronounced Direction), based on the integration of innovative
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and e-commerce technologies
with a leading portfolio of tools, products and services, connects
our customers to data and information that allows them to optimize
productivity across all stages of their lifecycles.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Female/Sexual
Keywords: Rexnord, Auburn , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!