Posted on: April 10, 2021
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.-Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work.-Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.-SummaryThe
Engineering Technologists II will focus on the implementation and
adaptation of existing technologies of automation and associated
processes in a manufacturing environment. --This position will be
responsible for supporting plant operations during day shift hours
Monday through Friday. The successful candidate must be a
self-starter with strong hands-on troubleshooting
experience.Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provides Engineering support to the Manufacturing groups to
troubleshoot and improve/maximize the performance of equipment and
- Electrical - Troubleshoots automation equipment through PLC,
servo, robotics, HMI/MMI, and related process control and
- Mechanical - Troubleshoots mechanical equipment associated with
automation and manufacturing processes.
- Manages medium scope projects from inception to completion.
Keeps Engineering and Manufacturing Management informed of
- -Installs, validates and put into production equipment
modifications and capital projects.
- Performs hardware/software modifications, and documents system
functional specification updates while adhering to documentation
and change control requirements.
- Electrical - Prepares standard operating procedures for new and
existing automation and process control equipment.
- Mechanical - Prepares standard operating procedures for new and
existing mechanical equipment related to automation.
- Manages the cost estimating of medium scoped process
improvements and medium capital budget items as well as the
spending of approved project funds.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work in an environment without daylight /
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques,
or appropriate assistance.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Ability to read and develop mechanical and electrical
- Knowledge of PLC (Siemens S7/WinCC), Robotics (Staubli), Safety
PLC (Sick), Servo Drives, Motors, Profibus/Fieldbus/Ethernet
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient computer skills with experience with MS Word, MS
Excel, MS PowerPoint, CAD software, and MS Project or related
software.Education and/or Experience.-
- 3- 5 years of experience.- Associate's Degree in engineering
project management, engineering technology, or equivalent
training/experience.#IND-USOPS-#LI-BS1#LI-BAXGEN Equal Employment
OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter
evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com
and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact
Keywords: BAXTER, Auburn , Engineering Technologist, Engineering , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!