RN - Director of Health Services - Senior Living Community
Company: Bridge Senior Living
Posted on: August 28, 2020
Geriatrics opening in Auburn, Alabama. This and other rn jobs
brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com RN - Director of Health
Services – Senior Living CommunityAuburn, ALWhy Should You Join Us
at Why Should You Join Us at Summer Village?
If you are looking for a work-family on a mission to provide the
best care to the seniors in our community – we are the right place
for you! Summer Village is owned and operated by Bridge Senior
Living - the premium brand in Senior Living with 26 communities
across 19 states. The Bridges at Bent Creek has been a solid,
stable Senior Living Community and a beloved part of the
Mechanicsburg area for over 20 years and are looking for team
members who share our values: Show Love, Serve with Purpose, and
Exceed Expectations. Now more than ever, our seniors need the best
care we can provide to fight the COVID-19 crisis!Position
As a Director of Health Services (DHS) you will lead the delivery
of care in collaboration with physicians and care associates. You
will lead the team responsible for the high level of care our
residents are accustomed to while exhibiting a passion for serving
seniors and contributing to the positive environment our residents
are proud to call home. Success as a DHS means leading and
cultivating a high performing team of healthcare professionals in
both our Assisted Care and Memory Care departments.
Especially during this COVID-19 crisis, our mission to serve and
protect our residents is in high demand. While many businesses are
laying-off their workers – we are hiring! Our community is fully
equipped with the materials needed to maintain a safe environment
for our residents and team members (hand sanitizer, masks, gowns,
gloves, goggles, and all CDC required and recommended personal
protective equipment). If you would like to serve seniors while
enjoying a safe work environment - we are the place for you!Here is
what we'll expect from you:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with experience in Assisted Living and
Memory Care facilities.
- Knowledge about the disease process, the changes associated
with dementia illnesses, how they affect the residents' ability to
function, and the adaptive strategies that help maintain residents'
- Establish and monitor goals and expectations for the Assisted
Living and Memory Care departments.
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the programs, activities and
schedules of the Assisted Living and Memory Care departments in
compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, guidelines and
- Build, engage and lead the team including selection, hiring,
orientation, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Develop departmental budgets, re-forecasts and staffing
- Assist in the administration of the Property/Risk Management
- Develop, implement and monitor the Quality Improvement, Safety,
Infection, Disaster and Environmental Control Programs in concert
with company and state standards and provide appropriate plans of
action to correct any identified deficiencies.
- Participate in and oversee the admission and on-going Resident
assessment and care planning process.
- Coordinate and/or conduct Resident care plan conferences with
families/sponsors. Actively communicate and work with families,
resident and team members to promote extraordinary experiences for
- Maintain lines of communication with residents and families to
assist in safe, respectful and appropriate transitions to other
care settings, as necessary. Coordinate feedback and communication
with resident/family and team members to ensure safety and
appropriate level of care.
- Act as Resident liaison and advocate to the Executive
- Act as Resident/Administrative advocate for development of and
participation in Residents' Council for both Assisted Living and
- Develop methods for coordination of the departments' services
with other departments and outside agencies and health
professionals to ensure the continuity of the Residents' total
regimen of care.
- Oversee compliance with established company and state mandated
practices for documentation.
- Oversee surveys and inspections made by government
- Complete appropriate forms, reports, evaluations, and studies.
Monitor and maintain documentation compliance in all areas to
include medication system, MAR's, incidents, Resident clinical
information, QA, safety and required reports.
- Develop job related knowledge, skills and abilities by
participating in continuing educational opportunities for personal
growth and development. Here is what you'll get in return:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k),
Life Insurance, education reimbursement, HSA (applicable for full
- Multiple bonus opportunities
- Continued education and training to advance your career
- The friendliest leaders and teammates to help you along the way
Bridge Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer. We are
united by our pillars to Show Love, Exceed Expectations and Serve
with Purpose. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating
an inclusive environment for all associates. Learn more about us:
Apply Directly: Keyphrases: gerontologist jobs, long term care
nurse jobs, long term care nursing jobs
Keywords: Bridge Senior Living, Auburn , RN - Director of Health Services - Senior Living Community, Executive , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!