Director of Training & Development
Company: Ithaka Hospitality Partners, LLC
Posted on: November 16, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYResponsible for planning, organizing, and
implementing all training initiatives communicated through Human
Resources with a special emphasis on annual compliance training.
Conducting regular learning needs analysis at property level, and
IHP as needed, ensuring cost-effective training solutions are
researched, sourced and implemented. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that all State, Federal and hotel mandatory training
requirements are met.
- Maintain all training communication and bulletin boards.
- Amend and revise programs and material as necessary, in order
to adapt to the changes that occur in the environment
- Lead and facilitate the Departmental Trainer program and
- Assist managers and supervisors with any training needs either
one to one or in groups.
- Ensure training database is kept up to date to include
information for all employees who have completed various
- Lead, plan, organize and implement all training needs
identified from employee appraisals, guest feedback, business
- Create a training needs analysis based on business and
- Participate in the preparation of the training budget with the
Director of Training, Learning & Development (TLC).
- Be an ambassador of the hotel and the company at all
- Ensure by example that AUHCC's culture and values are known and
all AUHCC Learning and Development initiatives are embedded
throughout the business.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and
grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to
outside organizations and the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with
standards of AUHCC, and the Human Resources Department.
- Participate in the design and delivery of new programs,
including e-learning solutions.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general
- Ensure all Team Members and Managers are notified of training
events via outlook, invites or whatever Training Manager deems
appropriate, at least two weeks in advance of date.
- Assist in other areas, particularly HR, but across the hotel as
- Track all training attendance thoroughly through electronic
- Will also assist with general employee HR requests as
necessary.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES NoneJOB
REQUIREMENTSEducation & ExperienceHigh school diploma or GED
required; some college or vocational courses, as well as previous
HR experience in the hotel environment is strongly preferred.
Candidates must have experience of delivering training in a
hospitality or customer service environment. A self-starter who is
proactive in gauging training needs through building relationships
with leaders/staff, as well as through observing and evaluating
service and interactions throughout property. SkillsPossesses
excellent writing and presentation skills with the ability to
communicate with hotel employees in an effective way. Ability to
provide friendly, efficient and courteous service to employees.
Ability to access, input and retrieve information on the computer
system. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive
attitude and to create innovative learning solutions. Ability to
work under pressure, be organized, self-motivated and work well
with others. Must be able to complete work independently in a
timely, accurate and thorough manner.Ability to work effectively
and relate well with senior management and colleagues. Understands
the luxury hotel environment. Additional foreign language skills
(i.e. Spanish) is an advantage. WORKING CONDITIONSThe working
conditions described below are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Equipment to Be
- Standard office equipment, including telephone, computer,
printer, copier, calculator, fax, and computer programs including
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email. Physical & Mental
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear; frequently
required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands
and arms; frequently required to sit, climb or balance, stoop,
kneel, and crouch. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate
standard office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and
vision. Must be able to lift equipment, supplies, etc. of at least
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make
effective decisions under pressure.Work Environment
- Interior of hotel-occasional exposure to direct sunlight, high
humidity, extremes of heat and cold, noise, and other conditions
associated with the hotel environment.
- The work environment may involve varying conditions and
circumstances with guests, staff, visitors, government agencies,
Keywords: Ithaka Hospitality Partners, LLC, Auburn , Director of Training & Development, Executive , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!