Assistant General Manager
Company: LBA Hospitality
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Responsible for: the day-to-day operations of the Front Office,
Housekeeping and Maintenance to include and not limited to:
personnel, budget performance and financial controls. PRE
REQUISITES The Company associates have access to guestrooms and
property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are
essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the
appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Two Years experience supervising (at least) eight associates.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Must be able to perform major
life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading,
concentrating, thinking, and communicating. For this position
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch,
- Must be able to see and hear
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to
communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honest and trustworthiness at all
times. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge in:
- Supervisory skills: interviewing, hiring, training, coaching,
- Property Management Systems
- Accounting practices as delegated
- All functions, procedures and policies of departments
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to
assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and
be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of
rooms, locations, rates, discounts. Skills:
- Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management
system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make
- Analyze work for accuracy of self and others. Abilities:
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests, department heads,
associates and home office support staff.
- Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales. SPECIFIC
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training,
coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete admistrative duties in a timely manner: schedules,
payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge
of emergency procedures.
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and
- Communicate and document using internal means: logs, bibles,
Innovations, email, etc.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook,
implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the
company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of
performing. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Standing,
walking for long periods of time while maintaining an aggressively
friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work
schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT Before the next promotion, this
person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to
teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in
preparation for further promotion, potentially as a GM or Bench
Manager. Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required
to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from
time to time as needed. I have read the job description, including
the physical requirements of the position, and by signing below
attest that I can perform this job in its entirety without
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Auburn , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!