Hospice Registered Nurse 10k Sign On Bonus RN Full Time
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Comfort Care is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare family of
companiesThe Registered Nurse is responsible for pain management,
symptom control in the delivery of care to hospice patients, as
established by the plan of care, the interdisciplinary team,
attending physician and Hospice Medical Director. -**$10,000 Sign
On Bonus**Position Overview:
- Ensures the timely and adequate delivery of hospice services to
the terminally ill patient and their family, operating within the
plan of care as established by the hospice team and attending
- Assesses the total needs of the patient/family during regularly
scheduled and after hour home visits; Documents: assessment,
identified problems, nursing interventions, goals, and outcomes of
- Coordinates total patient/family hospice care under the
supervision of the Director and with the interdisciplinary team,
the attending physician, and other providers; documents such
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in the
development, review and revision of the clinical component of
patient/family plan of care, including exchange of information,
review of problems, assessing effectiveness of interventions and
- Ensures continuity of care between patient/family, team
members, ancillary providers, long term and inpatient care
facilities, and the attending physician.
- Communicates patient/family/caregiver needs, ongoing nursing
assessment, interventions, goals and outcomes through the
- Provides and documents continuing education of the hospice
concept of care to patients and their families/caregivers.
- Supervises the delivery of patient care provided by Hospice
Aides, Licensed Practical Nurses; ensuring compliance with the
established plan of care and completing required documentation of
- Facilitates the delivery of hospice services to patients
residing in long term care facilities, documenting joint
coordination of care with facility professional staff, and
attending facility care plan meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in on-call rotation for delivery of care after
office hours, on weekends, and holidays.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of patient appropriateness for
hospice services and completes required documentation for
certification and recertification.
- Interfaces with the patient/family/caregiver, the hospice team,
other health care providers in a respectful, professional and
- Maintains compliance with Medicare Conditions of Participation,
Joint Commission standards, Hospice and Professional Standards of
Nursing Practice, and agency specific policies and procedures.
- Supports community education of hospice for growth and
development of the program.
- Dispenses medical supplies in a cost effective manner, as
dictated by the plan of care and patient needs.
- Participates in quality improvement, utilization review, and
infection control activities as requested.
- Attends appropriate inservices, and participates in continuing
- Ensures accurate and current patient chart information by
timely and consistent documentation.
- Maintains a professional, well-groomed appearance, adhering to
the agency dress code.
- Maintains sound privacy and security practices and prevents
privacy or security breaches. If breach occurs, takes corrective
action.Why Join Our Team?
- Our clinical team is a family of clinicians who work together
to meet the needs of each patient
- From Social Media spotlights on employees, to bonuses,
contests, promotions, etc. - Aveanna boasts an environment that
appreciates and rewards its' staff.
- Nationwide career opportunities where our leaders encourage
- Our clinicians enjoy the flexibility of getting to build
rapport with patients to produce the best clinical outcomes
- We know that our clinicians make or break the organization's
- We work with new grads that want to make a difference in
patient's livesAveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid HolidaysQualifications:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Minimum of one (1) year medical/surgical experience.
Hospice/Home Health experience preferred.
- Acceptance and support of the hospice concept of care.
- Excellent time management skills, excellent assessment and
problem solving skills; excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of Medicare regulations, and Joint Commission
standards governing the delivery of hospice services.
- Current, valid Alabama drivers license.
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage.Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training.HHHAs an employer accepting
Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all
health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions,
including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions
for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, Auburn , Hospice Registered Nurse 10k Sign On Bonus RN Full Time, Healthcare , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!