Licensed Pharmacy Tech (Non-Certified)
Company: Southeastern Grocers
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and
fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences.
As a -, we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves.
Read our -. -Job Title: Pharmacy Technician Location: Retail
Grocery Location Position OverviewThe pharmacy technician will
assist the pharmacist in the areas of prescription filling,
prescription distribution and clerical activities while under the
pharmacist's supervision at all times. This position should
increase customer confidence and loyalty to the pharmacy by
providing consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt
service, and a friendly atmosphere. This role will accurately and
courteously express pharmacy policies and procedures to the
customers when appropriate.Primary Responsibilities &
- Assist in the preparation of prescriptions including entering
patient information (demographics, drug allergies and
pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer
- Assist pharmacist in filling prescriptions by pulling stock,
pouring, counting, restocking, packaging, labeling and pricing the
- Provide first class customer service by greeting customers as
they enter the pharmacy, keeping the pharmacy clean and inviting
and answering the phone in a courteous manner.
- Assist pharmacist in the preparation, reconciliation and
billing of third party insurance claims and in the re-billing of
rejected third party claims.
- Assist in checking and removing out-of-date product as
instructed by the pharmacist.
- Order, receive, rotate and store product to assure quality
- Reconcile daily merchandise orders.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of federal HIPPA
- Organize and file records.
- Maintain all product labels, signs and prices aligned with
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards;
report hazards to store management.
- Perform price checks for customers and associates, as
- Operate the cashier terminal, credit card machine and
electronic signature capture device when checking out customers;
collect proper payment for merchandise.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician: Successfully complete the
Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam.
- Pharmacy Technician (Non-Certified): no certification
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to
obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and
- Possess good telephone skills and complete cashier
- Ability to understand and operate the computer in the
- Possess and exercise good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company
demonstrating a commitment to the company's goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of
success with immediate feedback to build an environment of
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the
customer comes first--- always by putting the customer's needs
above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with
respect and dignity. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be registered with the Board of Pharmacy in the state
Keywords: Southeastern Grocers, Auburn , Licensed Pharmacy Tech (Non-Certified), Healthcare , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!