PRN Medical Assistant
Company: UrgenCare LLC
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary
- Assists physicians, nurses, and other medical staff by
performing administrative and clinical duties.General
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following the standard operating procedures of UrgenCare
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Cleans treatment rooms following patient examinations.
- Interviews patients to obtain their medical history.
- Records patient medical history, vital statistics, and test
results in patient medical files.
- Performs routine screening tests, such as height and weight
measurements and blood pressure checks.
- Obtain rapid testing including strep, flu, RSV, covid,
- Draws blood, removes sutures, changes dressings.
- Administer medications and vaccines ordered by the provider
once properly trained and under appropriate supervision
- Maintains supplies and equipment. Communicate with assigned
inventory manager when supplies are low.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical equipment and instruments.
- Properly disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Assists physicians during examination by handing over
instruments and materials.
- Review providers imaging orders and prepare patient for
- Provide verbal and/or written instructions to assist patients
in positioning body parts for imaging
- Positions x-ray equipment and adjusts controls to set exposure
factors, such as time and distance.
- Uses beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques
to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff.
- Positions patient on examining table and adjusts equipment to
obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by
- Processes exposed radiographs using computer generated
- Inform practice manager or supervisor immediately of any
- Maintain adequate radiologic supplies
- Perform administrative duties such as producing disc of imaging
studies for other outpatient visits, labeling films, and
communicating with the radiologist when necessaryJob Qualifications
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Licenses/Certifications: CPR and first aid certification
required; certification as a medical assistant (CMA)
- Team player
- Social perceptiveness
- Medical Terminology
- Customer Service
- Detail orientedPowered by JazzHRQP9Dmw4TYM
Keywords: UrgenCare LLC, Auburn , PRN Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!