COTA Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant
Company: HomeCare of East Alabama Medical Center
Posted on: November 21, 2019
COTA Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant - PRN
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all
times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing
theprovision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the
treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to
perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained
to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan
of care to the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, leads the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising OT, the
supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to
treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the
health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current OTA licensure in the state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Requirements
- AL: Must have two (2) years experience practicing as an
Occupational Therapist Assistant.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: HomeCare of East Alabama Medical Center, Auburn , COTA Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, Healthcare , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!