Food and Beverage Manager
Company: Hilton Garden Inn
Posted on: February 5, 2020
Responsible for: the day-to-day operation of the Food and Beverage
outlets, to include and not limited to: personnel, budget
performance and financial controls, maintenance of equipment,
preparation, service and set-up of menu items.
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property,
character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to
this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate
security clearance, per company policy.
- Two years' experience supervising at least three (3)
- One year experience following standard recipes.
- Experience ordering/pricing food and inventory control.
- Experience with chain food and retail outlet preferred. SUMMARY
OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting,
bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 50
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to
communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all
times. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Financial aspects of running a department: labor, food and
beverage costs controls.
- Storage and labeling of all products: dry, freezer, refrigerated,
- OSHA requirements and maintains department accordingly
- Supervisory skills: interview, hire, train, appraise, document,
- Area shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions to
assist guest inquires.
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and
be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Knowledge of BEOs and details surrounding events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of
rooms, locations, rates, discounts. Skills:
- Train and develop associates through meetings, logs, etc.
- Monitor and document associates for both positive and negative
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management
system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make
- Maintain organization of supplies, storage rooms, refrigerators
--- Multi task, remain associate and
guest service centric.--- Effectively communicate with guests,
department heads, associates and home office support staff.---
Solve guest issues with professionalism maintain hospitable
attitude.--- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training,
coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Complete admistrative duties in a timely manner: schedules,
payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge
of emergency procedures.
- Maintain all Food Safety, Department of Health and OSHA
- Ensure guests are provided with the highest quality product and
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook,
implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the
company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) in the absence of other department
heads, working in conjunction with all management of the
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of
performing as staffing needs arise.
Keywords: Hilton Garden Inn, Auburn , Food and Beverage Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!