Team Leader QC
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 19, 2021
*Job Title: * Team Leader, QC* *
* Location:* Auburn, AL
* How Will I Make an Impact:*
The Team Leader QC position reports to the Technical Quality
Manager. The primary role of the Team Leader will be to ensure the
lab is performing as needed to support the production operations.
This includes resolving lab issues that could impact production,
overseeing the handling of NCRs and Lot Files, and as much as
possible balancing the workload in the lab.
The Team Leader is further expected to lead efforts to reduce waste
in the QC Lab, by identifying and implementing changes to minimize
Lastly, the Team Leader is expected to develop the capabilities of
the lab personel. This would include the inspectors /auditors lab
skills, as well as their improvement skills.
* What Will I Do?*
* Training and coaching employees - One Minute Lessons
* Skills building for Quality personnel
* Identify and execute training plans
* Train new QC Inspectors / Auditors
* Review and approve PTO requests (excluding beginning of year
* Provide input on QC Inspector / Auditor performance and behavior,
including for PMDs
* Daily work balancing in QC Lab
* Re-balance time-insensitive work as needed
* Work with production supervisor if temporary additional support
is needed in lab or A4 Cage
* Lead shift cross-over meetings
* Ensure conformance to Procedures, Standard Work, WI's, PPE
* Do 5S audit (beginning of shift and end of shift)
* Ensure prompt disposition; follow up on slow-moving NCRs
* Verify rework audit is completed and results are recorded in the
* Complete incoming, in-process and final inspection audits, as
well as Internal Audits when possible
* Manage/improve Visual Standards in QC
* QC Work orders
* Complete work orders (except escalation issues)
* Manage process (accept orders, verify completion)
* Complete Customer Audits
* Respond to flow interruptions quickly
* Lot File Management
* Final review of product &/or documentation
* Record defects and improve process
* Maintain QC Lab equipment
* Monitor NCR length and identify/implement QC Lab improvements
which will help minimize NCR length
* Departmental Paperwork to include but not limited to:
* Incoming material
* Machine activity
* Lot file close out
* A4 cage
* Line clearance verification
* Warehouse forms
* Environmental Testing
* Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
* Able to operate any machine or operation in QC Lab
* How Will I get There?*
* Ability to flex work hours in support of QC lab needs.
* Two-year Degree, four year degree preferred in Engineering or
* Must be able to read, write, and understand the English
* Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole
* Effectively utilize measurement tools (e.g. calipers, comparator,
* Computer experience required, Microsoft 365 Apps
* Experience with GMP/ISO procedures.
* Experience working in a fast-paced production environment.
* Prior experience supervising work force in lean manufacturing
* Team Leader / Supervisory experience a plus
* Professional Characteristics: *
* Possess strong role model leadership skills
* Strong Communication Skills
* Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
* Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and
efficiently and vary pace as the need arises
* What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:*
* Competitive Pay!
* Annual Performance Based Incentive (Annual Target Bonus)
* Annual Performance Base Merit Increase
* Review our company's [Total
* Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits-effective Day 1
* Paid Time Off (120 hours per year)) & Holidays (7 core company
and 3 floating holidays)
* 401K Company Match up to 6%
* Tuition Reimbursement - eligible after 90 days!
* Employee Referral Bonus
* Employee Discount Program
* Recognition Program
* Charitable Gift Matching
* Company Paid Parental Leave
* Full Training Provided
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* Opportunity to work overtime
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of nearly $30 billion and
approximately 80,000 employees globally.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life
sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving
patient diagnostics and therapies or growing efficiency in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. For more information,
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Auburn , Team Leader QC, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!