The Rooftop - Host and Hostess
Company: Rane Culinary Science Center
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Laurel Hotel & Spa will anchor the premier
corner of South College Street and Thach Avenue, affording a
stunning view of iconic Samford Hall. The amenities will include 16
luxurious rooms, 10 suites, 6 residences, a spa, fitness studio,
rooftop pool, rooftop bar, rooftop pool cabana service and yoga
pavilion.A rooftop garden will crown the top of The Laurel Hotel &
Spa and offer sweeping views of Samford Hall and downtown Auburn.
Here, an abundance of sustainably produced fruits, vegetables and
herbs will be grown and gathered for food production in 1856.
During the day, students will have the opportunity to learn about
the roof to table concept from a horticulturalist, and at night,
the lounge and bar will be open to the public for evenings on the
town. The space is also available to host private
- Ability to thoughtfully engage with all customers visiting The
Rooftop at The Laurel about the concept and partnership with Auburn
- Perform mise en place for daily service based on business
- Oversee our guests experience following The Rooftop at the
Laurel's and IHP's standards of service.
- Ensure guest preference, dietary preferences are recognized
throughout the Pool Cabanas and Rooftop Bar
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are
satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and
courteously to any requests.
- Always maintain a neat and clean work environment
- Be available to perform lateral service as needed to ensure the
smooth and efficient operation of the rooftop as directed by the
rooftop manager or immediate supervisor.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of beer, wine, cocktails and
spirits along with food menus across both outlets on the rooftop
- Clean, set-up, and stock the bar and all related areas as
determined by standard SOP's, opening duties, service manuals and
- Ability to prioritize and balance bar guests orders with
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements of
- Depending on scheduled location (rooftop lounge or pool bar),
provide personalized service to our hotel guests at the pool and
cabanas, or local visitors at the rooftop lounge.
- Welcome and greet all guests in a timely manner. Create a
comfortable and relaxed, but upscale environment
- Monitor and observe guest's experience. Ensure guests are
satisfied with the beverages and service. Anticipate and respond
promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Utilize SpotOn Reserve platform to monitor rooftop capacities
and control guest flow to ensure that all guidelines and codes are
- Check guests in for their rooftop experiences and ensure
payments have been processed.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to ensure a
prompt and highly executed rooftop experience.
- Anticipate and respond promptly and courteously to any
- Maintain and control occupancy capacities on the rooftop at any
- Provide guests with a fond farewell and invite them to return.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver multiple plates of
food & carry bus tubs frequently weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Working with students on occasion. Ability to organize and plan
your service around training and teaching throughout every
interaction when students are present.
- Team members must have a flexible work schedule and ability to
work nights, weekends and holidays
- Weather dependent job- Must actively look and prepare for
severe weather which could affect business levels on the rooftop
- A background in serving in an upscale rooftop and/or pool
environment t is preferred.
- Upon selection able to complete the Responsible Vendor course
for all team members 18 years old and above
- A basic knowledge of food & beverage procedures and
- Possess basic math skills and can handle money and operate a
- Positive Attitude
Keywords: Rane Culinary Science Center, Auburn , The Rooftop - Host and Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!