1856 - Culinary Residence - A Teaching Restaurant
Company: Rane Culinary Science Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob OverviewJoin Ithaka Hospitality Partners on
their journey as we grow and seek talented individuals to join our
team. We are looking for a Restaurant General Manager to join our
leadership team in Auburn, AL., overseeing The 1856, Culinary
Residence Teaching Restaurant. The Restaurant General Manager
directs and organizes the day to day operations of the restaurant
to ensure world class education & service, food & beverage
offerings and to maximize profits and guest satisfaction.The
restaurant General Manager will ensure all Ithaka Hospitality
standards for excellence are met and communicated properly from
leadership to team members and from team members to guests.
Oversees setup through breakdown of the dining room and ensures all
Ithaka Hospitality Partners standards are met. Leads the training
of the FOH team (Students and team members). Strives to
continuously develop and enhance students and team members to
deliver a world class experience. Duties
- Displays and elevated knowledge of service standards and
procedures for a tasting menu experience.
- Understands and maintains a complete knowledge of all menus,
all ingredients, and all techniques.
- Leads, alongside the Chef in Residence, Master Sommelier and
Director of Culinary, 1856, a pre-service huddle to properly
communicate to the service team special reservations, dietary
restrictions, changes to food and beverage menu items, and
expectations of the service ahead.
- Works closely with the Experience Manager and Chef in Residence
to coordinate, develop, and implements food and beverage engagement
- Ensures all finance, accounting and cash handling procedures
are dealt with on a daily basis.
- Develops and oversees service team member and student
- Assists in Food & Beverage menu planning and pricing
- Plans and administers reviews and evaluates the work of FOH
team in coordination with Chef in Residence, Director of Culinary,
- Work closely with TLC on recruiting, training, professional
development, and discipline of FOH team.
- Plans and organizes private events for the 1856 Private Dining
- Ensures all Responsible Vendor training is completed by all
team members prior to serving guests
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships
with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensure that team maintains a positive attitude and complies
with all uniform standards, daily.
- Supervise and lead set up and break down of dining room before
and after service periods.
- Instruct team on correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Teach and maintain all IHP policies and service standards.
- Maintain and set an expert level example of guest
- Greet and acknowledge all guests.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond promptly.
- Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
- Communicate Person of Note (PON) arrivals and special requests
to fellow leadership.
- Respond to guest complaints with the utmost professionalism and
represent IHP at all times. Balance the guest's best interests with
- Monitor and ensure that all aspects of service conform to
departmental and IHP standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership in relation to
guest experience, team experience, and the Restaurant's business
- Maintain department records for all employees to be in
accordance with TLC's standards and regulations.
- Attend to the time and attendance punches of all FOH employees
regularly and before the biweekly payroll data is collected.
- Administer verbal and written testing to FOH team of menu items
in coordination with Chef in Residence and Director of Culinary,
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in
- Prior formalized guest relations training.
- Prior formalized restaurant server training and
- Intimate knowledge of a tasting menu restaurant concept and
- Ability to program and troubleshoot restaurant POS and other
- Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage
- Knowledge of basic mathematical calculations to calculate food
and/or beverage costing and menu pricing.
- Proficient knowledge of computer functions including, but not
limited to email and word processing.
- Ability to navigate point of sales systems with ease.
- Ability to effectively use time and attendance software.Working
- Knowledge of local, national, and international restaurants of
similar concept and theme.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the
restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for
long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk,
crouch, and squat.Qualifications
- Five (5) or more years' experience in restaurant service
position with three (3) or more of these years having been in a
- At least 1 year leading a wine-program or experience with The
Court of Master Sommeliers certified level or similar.
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or related subject matter,
- Minimum twenty-one (21) years of age to serve alcoholic
- Background in both FOH and Culinary preferred.
- Certification in CPR.
Keywords: Rane Culinary Science Center, Auburn , 1856 - Culinary Residence - A Teaching Restaurant, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!