The Laurel Hotel and Spa - Food and Beverage Manag
Company: Rane Culinary Science Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Food & Beverage Manager at The
RooftopDepartment: Food & BeverageReports To: The Laurel Hotel
ManagerJob Overview:Join Ithaka Hospitality Partners on their
journey as we grow and seek talented individuals to join our team.
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Manager at The Rooftop for The
Laurel Hotel & Spa to join our leadership team in Auburn, AL.The
Laurel Hotel & Spa will anchor the premier corner of South College
Street and Thach Avenue, affording a stunning view of iconic
Samford Hall. The amenities will include 16 luxurious rooms, 10
suites, 6 residences, a spa, fitness studio, rooftop pool, rooftop
bar, rooftop pool cabana service and yoga pavilion. A rooftop
garden will crown the top of The Laurel Hotel & Spa and offer
sweeping views of Samford Hall and downtown Auburn. Here, an
abundance of sustainably produced fruits, vegetables and herbs will
be grown and gathered for food production in 1856. Special dishes
will also be prepared from the garden's bountiful supply of fresh
produce in a rooftop finishing kitchen. During the day, students
will have the opportunity to learn about the roof to table concept
from a horticulturalist, and at night, the lounge and bar will be
open to the public for evenings on the town.The rooftop will also
be available for hosting private events. With a special wedding
pavilion on site, couples will be able to say their vows with a
beautiful view of Samford Hall in the background. The rooftop will
be the most celebrated venue for wedding ceremonies and social
events in Auburn.
Duties:The Food & Beverage Manager at The Rooftop will ensure all
Ithaka Hospitality standards for excellence are met and
communicated properly from leadership to team members and from team
members to guests. Strives to continuously develop and enhance
students and team members to deliver a world class experience. The
Food & Beverage Manager will directly oversee and organize the
day-to-day operations of the rooftop pool bar and cabanas, and the
rooftop bar to ensure world class education & service, food &
beverage offerings and to maximize profits and guest satisfaction
through the following:
- Understands and maintains a complete knowledge of all menus,
all ingredients, and all techniques involved in creating a rooftop
bar and pool menu.
- Develop seasonal beverage menus that prominently feature herbs
and fruit from the rooftop garden.
- Works closely with The Laurel Hotel & Spa Culinary team to
develop seasonal menu and offerings.
- Train, develop all team members on proper menu and service
- Works closely with the Experience Manager to coordinate,
develop, and implements food and beverage engagement activities for
the rooftop bar space, such as morning yoga or live music on the
rooftop in the afternoons.
- Oversee scheduling for all rooftop pool service and rooftop bar
& lounge service.
- Partner with Talent, Learning & Culture on recruiting,
training, professional development, and discipline of FOH
- Ensures all Responsible Vendor training is completed by all
team members prior to serving guests
- Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships
with guests to ensure satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensure that team maintains a positive attitude and complies
with all grooming standards, daily.
- Teach and maintain all IHP policies and standards for
- Work closely with The Laurel Concierge on Cabana bookings to
ensure complete daily setup of rentals, escorting guests and assist
them with their requests throughout the day and pre-arrival and
turn down services.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in
- Prior rooftop, bar or elevated pool service (Cabana) experience
- Ability to program and troubleshoot restaurant POS and other
- Ability to suggestively sell selected food and beverage
- Knowledge of basic mathematical calculations to calculate food
and/or beverage costing and menu pricing.
- Proficient knowledge of computer functions including, but not
limited to email and word processing.
- Ability to navigate point of sales systems with ease.
- Ability to effectively use time and attendance software.Working
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the
rooftop/hotel to another for food and/or beverage delivery
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for
long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk,
crouch, and squat.
- Weather dependent job- Must actively look and prepare for
severe weather which could affect business levels on the rooftop
- Experience in a similar role in a hospitality environment
- Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift
duties that will include evenings, nights, weekends and
- Performs job functions with attention to detail, speed and
- Three (3) or more years' experience in the hospitality industry
with (1) or more of these years having been in a supervisory
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality or related subject matter,
- Minimum twenty-one (21) years of age to serve alcoholic
- Certification in CPR.
- Responsible Vendor Certified
Keywords: Rane Culinary Science Center, Auburn , The Laurel Hotel and Spa - Food and Beverage Manag, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!