The Laurel Hotel and Spa - Esthetician
Company: Rane Culinary Science Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Laurel Hotel & Spa will anchor the premier
corner of South College Street and Thach Avenue, affording a
stunning view of iconic Samford Hall. The amenities will include 16
luxurious rooms, 10 suites, 6 residences, a spa, fitness studio,
rooftop pool, rooftop bar, cabana service and yoga pavilion.The
Esthetician administers professional facials, waxing services and
makeup services to our guests. They must possess a thorough
knowledge of the skin, have excellent facial massage and skin
extraction techniques, possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation
skills and be willing to train in our spa's specific facial
treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication
skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge
necessary to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to
meet the needs of our guests. They must hold and maintain a current
state license in esthetics.Duties:
- Be on time for each shift, prompt with each appointment and
perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the
- Provide consistent professional facial and body treatments in
accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product
to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and
products while educating and training guests in these areas.
- Actively promote home care programs, meeting minimum retail
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as
directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock work area as
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving
staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and
retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts
- Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all
requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff
meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by
- Provide appropriate and consistent levels of guest service and
- Maintain personal appearance and grooming standards consistent
with company standards.Working Conditions:
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required
to sit, stand, bend, lift, walk use hand to write on chart, talk,
hear, see, taste, smell, type on keyboard.
- Perform the duties of an esthetician which requires sitting,
standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, manual dexterity and proper
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision and
- One on one consultations will be held in a treatment room
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.Qualifications
- Adhere to all employee guidelines, standards, policies and
procedures relevant to the position, stay abreast of any changes,
updates or revisions that occur. Maintain complete communication
and cooperation with all managers.
- Strong team-work and collaborative skills is required.
- Energetic, forward thinking and creative individual with high
ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Well organized and self-directed individual who is a team
- Intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to a
diverse group of guests and co-workers.
- Ability to utilize computer programs including Spa Operations
Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Outlook.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is
- Have and maintain a current state license in esthetics.
- Minimum one-year experience providing skin care services in a
high-end salon or luxury spa environment is a plus.
- Proficient in all components of skin care.
- Excellent personal appearance, good communication skills and a
friendly, congenial personality is a must.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment
while maintaining composure and focus on the guest.
Keywords: Rane Culinary Science Center, Auburn , The Laurel Hotel and Spa - Esthetician, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!