The Rooftop - Bartender - Part Time and Full Time Available
Company: Rane Culinary Science Center
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Laurel Hotel & Spa will anchor the premier corner of South
College Street and Thach Avenue, affording a stunning view of
iconic Samford Hall. The amenities will include 16 luxurious rooms,
10 suites, 6 residences, a spa, fitness studio, rooftop pool,
rooftop bar, rooftop pool, cabana service and yoga pavilion.
Guests of the hotel will have exclusive access to The Library, an
elegant space that features 5 different food and beverage
presentations throughout each day. This includes a European-style
breakfast in the morning, transitions to chic sips and small plates
in the afternoon and showcases curated turndown treats in the
A rooftop garden will crown the top of The Laurel Hotel & Spa and
offer sweeping views of Samford Hall and downtown Auburn. Here, an
abundance of sustainably produced fruits, vegetables and herbs will
be grown and gathered for food production in 1856. During the day,
students will have the opportunity to learn about the roof to table
concept from a horticulturalist, and at night, the lounge and bar
will be open to the public for evenings on the town. The space is
also available to host private events.
The bartender will bartend for both The Laurel Hotel & Spa's
Library on the 6th floor and The rooftop pool and bar on the
- Ability to thoughtfully engage with all customers visiting The
Library or The Rooftop at The Laurel about the concept and
partnership with Auburn University
- Perform mise en place for daily service based on business
- Oversee our guests experience following The Library and The
Rooftop at the Laurel's and IHP's standards of service.
- Ensure guest preference, dietary preferences are recognized
throughout the Library, Pool Cabanas and Rooftop Bar
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are
satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and
courteously to any requests.
- Always maintain a neat and clean work environment
- Be available to perform lateral service as needed to ensure the
smooth and efficient operation of the rooftop as directed by the
rooftop manager or immediate supervisor.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of beer, wine, cocktails and
spirits along with food menus across the library and both outlets
on the rooftop
- Clean, set-up, and stock the bar and all related areas as
determined by standard SOP's, opening duties, service manuals and
- Ability to prioritize and balance pool bar guests and rooftop
bar guests orders.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements of
- Depending on scheduled location (rooftop lounge or pool bar),
provide personalized service to our hotel guests at the pool and
cabanas, or local visitors at the rooftop lounge.
- Welcome and greet all guests in a timely manner. Create a
comfortable and relaxed, but upscale environment
- Monitor and observe guest's experience. Ensure guests are
satisfied with the beverages and service. Anticipate and respond
promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Depending on scheduled location, provide personalized service
to our hotel guests at the pool or library, or local visitors at
the rooftop lounge.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver multiple plates of
food & carry bus tubs frequently weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Working with students on occasion. Ability to organize and plan
your service around training and teaching throughout every
interaction when students are present.
- Team members must have a flexible work schedule and ability to
work nights, weekends and holidays
- Weather dependent job- Must actively look and prepare for
severe weather which could affect business levels on the rooftop
- A background in bartending in an upscale rooftop and/or pool
environment t is preferred.
- Upon selection able to complete the Responsible Vendor course
for all team members 18 years old and above
- A basic knowledge of food & beverage procedures and
- Possess basic math skills and can handle money and operate a
- Positive Attitude
Keywords: Rane Culinary Science Center, Auburn , The Rooftop - Bartender - Part Time and Full Time Available, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!