Company: LBA Hospitality
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous
professional manner; following The Company standards of friendly
hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Is
responsible for the cleanliness of guest rooms as well as the usage
and organization of supplies. PRE REQUISITES The Company associates
have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty
and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore,
associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per
- Experience in similar positions: lodging, housing, hospitals,
and care facilities all helpful, not mandatory. SUMMARY OF
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS Must be able to perform major life
activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading,
concentrating, thinking, and communicating. For this position
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach,
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read or understand English, the
ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at
all times. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge in:
- Proper procedures for handling of linens, terry and other
- Sanitation of supplies, guestrooms, public areas.
- Guestroom cleaning procedures.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous
conditions observed immediately. Skills:
- Maintain designated minutes per room.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow cleaning procedures in the company systematic
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a
hospitable caring attitude. Abilities:
- Must be able to work alone.
- Comply with all standards
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Communicate with guest and co-workers in a friendly and helpful
- Work as a team member. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily responsible for cleaning vacant dirty rooms to be guest
ready, and returning occupied dirty rooms to an occupied clean
status within specified time and accuracy constraints per brand
standards and best practices set forth by LBA.
- Maintain a crisp, clean and professional appearance daily
adhering to grooming and uniform standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly housekeeping cart.
- Follow all cleaning procedures outlined in the housekeeping
training with every assignment and as specified on the training
- Follow general clean procedures every 90 days.
- Report any discrepancies to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Assist in maintaining other areas of the hotel in a clean and
orderly condition, (ex. Associate lounge and locker room,
restrooms, public areas, stairwells, and back of the house
- Respond to guest requests and inquiries immediately.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and
understand the safety and security needs of our guests and
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of
performing. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Standing,
walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly
professional image. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule,
available to work holidays and weekends as necessary in a 24/7
operation. POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT The next step for
this position is in a training capacity as a checker, assistant
housekeeper or either the front office or a food and beverage
department. The ability to teach skills and competencies will
enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required
to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from
time to time as needed.
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Auburn , Room Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!