Company: LBA Hospitality
Posted on: August 20, 2019
Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous
professional manner; following LBA standards of aggressively
friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures.
Is responsible for the cleanliness of public space, as well as, the
usage and organization of supplies. Assist room attendants ensuring
cleanliness standards are met. Assist maintenance department with
minor repairs and work orders. PRE REQUISITES Individuals serving
as a Houseperson have access to guestrooms and property, character
traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this
position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security
clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals,
care facilities all helpful, not mandatory. SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL
JOB FUNCTIONS Must be able to perform major life activities:
Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating,
thinking, and communicating. For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours, bend, stretch,
reach, climb, kneel.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and understand English, the ability to
communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at
all times. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge in:
- Proper handling of linens, terry and other supplies, keeping
sanitation and cost controls in mind.
- Handling various safety and security measures. Report or
correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- All guidelines from training checklist of areas to be
- Procedures for emergencies (Person in Charge). Skills:
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a
hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Basic maintenance repairs, leaking faucet, running toilet,
- Able to clean guest rooms to brand standards and in conjunction
with the training checklist for room attendants. Abilities:
- Must be able to work alone, without direct supervision
- Must be able to work as a team member
- Comply to all standards
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers. SPECIFIC
- Keep public areas of the hotel, grounds and parking lot clean,
maintaining brand standards and providing guest service when
necessary including assisting guests with baggage, in and out of
vehicle or guest room.
- Respond to guest request, such as delivering supplies: shampoo,
towels, roll away beds etc. in a timely and hospitable manner.
- Perform minor trouble shooting and maintenance of hotel
- Responsible for setting up meeting rooms if applicable.
- Adhere to general clean guidelines for the public areas of the
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned including assistance in the
housekeeping, laundry or maintenance department, that the associate
is capable of performing. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a
friendly professional image. POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT The
next step for this position is in a training capacity or in either
the front office, maintenance or in a food and beverage department.
The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance
leadership skills in preparation for further promotion. Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Auburn , Houseperson, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!