Guest Service Representative
Company: LBA Hospitality
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Provide excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous
professional manner; follow LBA standards of friendly hospitality
while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Execute selling
strategies to enhance the hotel revenue. PRE REQUISITES Guest
Service Representatives have access to guestrooms and property,
character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to
this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate
security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in service, sales, telesales or guest relations type
of industry is helpful, not mandatory. SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing,
lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and
communicating. For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch,
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to
communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at
all times. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge in:
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of
rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Frequent Stay Program
- Reservations procedures including cancellations and "walking"
- Phone etiquette and answering procedures, be able to answer
inquiries of shopping, dining, entertainment and travel
- Daily hotel operations, check daily events, bulletin boards and
be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Manager on Duty functions when necessary or as scheduled
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management
system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Communicate with guests, co-workers receiving and transmitting
mail, phone and written messages and relay pertinent information
using communication log books.
- Assist with guest issues with professionalism, maintaining
hospitable attitude. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and register guests, provide room assignments, maintain
guest privacy, and accommodate special request when possible.
- Promote and sell services/amenities of the hotel.
- Promote repeat business by offering to take future reservations
and providing recommendations for alternate same brand-type
- Be aware of potential sales leads and contacts thorough guest
interaction. Report information to the appropriate individual.
- Keep housekeeping and other departments informed of any special
requests, late check-outs, and special needs areas.
- Check all credit cards for validity before the end of the
- Learn and utilize PMS.
- Ensure all cash, check and miscellaneous departments are in
balance at shifts end.
- Assist in other areas: F & B, cleanliness of property wherever
assistance is needed for guest satisfaction.
- Help maintain a clean and professional lobby, dining area;
dusting vacuuming, cleaning tables, etc.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to
hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions
- Report any unusual occurrences or request to the manager.
- Maintain certification from a responsible vendor training if
alcohol is served.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule, understanding
hospitality is a 24/7 industry and evenings/weekends may be
- Utilize Service Recovery Log and other necessary communication
logs from shift to shift.
- Maintain stock/cleanliness in the market area.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of
performing. WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Standing,
walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly
professional image. Where applicable, follow approved laundry
procedures, ensure understanding of operation of washers and
dryers. Assist with folding linen according to proper standards.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT The next step for this position
is in a training capacity. The ability to teach skills and
competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparations for
further promotion. Once that is achieved, the individual may be
considered for an AGM or GSM position should one become available.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this classification. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required
to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from
time to time as needed.
Keywords: LBA Hospitality, Auburn , Guest Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!