Leading role will be played in both new product development and
sustaining engineering activities for domestic and international
rail maintenance of way (MOW) projects. The position will require
directing designers and draftsman in a fast paced positive work
• Mechanical Design-Must be a skilled engineer in mechanical
design for pneumatic and hydraulic systems along with
• DFMEA and PFMEA generation-to provide feedback to management
for risk mitigation.
• Design for Manufacture (DFM) through knowledge of
manufacturing to support on-site equipment utilization and
• Implementation of 5S and continuous improvement / lean
• Must work in a cross-functional team environment to develop
innovative solutions with input from customers, operators, service
technicians, engineers, manufacturing assemblers along with
aftermarket sales team members.
• Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical properties of materials,
component selection for performance and duty cycle, and a wide
understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes for heavy
• Must be able to develop and execute machine design that meets
minimum standard requirements. Experience with international
standards (ISO, EN, CE, etc..) is a plus.
• Working in a data driven decision environment where Root Cause
and Corrective Action are well documented.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels,
including company management, customers, staff, contractors,
vendors and site personnel.
• Performing the design, analysis, testing and documentation of
mobile equipment mechanical systems and components.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum of 5
years’ experience in engineering and manufacturing environment.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design of complex
• Comprehend customer specifications, railroad regulations, and
government regulations to determine proper design parameters for
custom product design.
• Capable of travelling to remote locations as needed to gather
data and feedback on equipment performance.
• Producing an error free engineering design package using sound
• Communicate ideas to colleagues and clients through excellent
verbal and writing skills. Superior listening skills to understand
clients' needs and receive feedback from them and coworkers.
• Problem-solving to be able to identify problems and come up
with viable solutions. Use of critical thinking skills to
evaluating the options and select the best one.
• Active learning as an electrical engineer to acquire new
information and incorporate it into daily work.
• Analysis of others' work product, as well as that of
electrical products, components, and applications, to make
improvements as required
• Proficient computer experience in Word, Excel, and
• Proficient computer experience in 3D and 2D engineering
• Proficient experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Involves frequent bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting,
climbing and walking on gravel and other uneven surfaces.
• Must work in all types of weather conditions (rain, sleet,
snow, wind, dust, extreme heat/cold).
• Other duties as assigned