Posted on: May 3, 2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter
your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people
around the world. You?ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every
hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years,
we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives?
where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Engineering Technologists II will focus on the
implementation and adaptation of existing technologies of
automation and associated processes in a manufacturing environment.
This position will be responsible for supporting plant operations
during day shift hours Monday through Friday. The successful
candidate must be a self-starter with strong hands-on
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provides Engineering support to the Manufacturing groups to
troubleshoot and improve/maximize the performance of equipment and
- Electrical ? Troubleshoots automation equipment through PLC,
servo, robotics, HMI/MMI, and related process control and
- Mechanical ? Troubleshoots mechanical equipment associated with
automation and manufacturing processes.
- Manages medium scope projects from inception to completion.
Keeps Engineering and Manufacturing Management informed of
- Installs, validates and put into production equipment
modifications and capital projects.
- Performs hardware/software modifications, and documents system
functional specification updates while adhering to documentation
and change control requirements.
- Electrical - Prepares standard operating procedures for new and
existing automation and process control equipment.
- Mechanical - Prepares standard operating procedures for new and
existing mechanical equipment related to automation.
- Manages the cost estimating of medium scoped process
improvements and medium capital budget items as well as the
spending of approved project funds.
- Must be able to work in an environment without
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to access machinery.
- Lifting and/or moves up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move in excess of 50 pounds using lifting aids, techniques,
or appropriate assistance.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is
- Requires standing, walking, bending, pulling, pushing, climbing
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Ability to read and develop mechanical and electrical
- Knowledge of PLC (Siemens S7/WinCC), Robotics (Staubli), Safety
PLC (Sick), Servo Drives, Motors, Profibus/Fieldbus/Ethernet
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient computer skills with experience with MS Word, MS
Excel, MS PowerPoint, CAD software, and MS Project or related
Education and/or Experience.
- 3- 5 years of experience. Associate's Degree in engineering
project management, engineering technology, or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please send an e-mail to (see below) and let us know the nature of
your request along with your contact information.
Keywords: Baxter, Auburn , Engineering Technologist, Other , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!