Staff Engineer (Civil Engineer) - Auburn, AL
Company: Building & Earth Sciences
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position exists primarily to oversee
and/or manage Geotechnical, CMT, and/or Environmental project
activities and prepare high level analytical project reports. The
incumbent is also responsible for ensuring client satisfaction and
may be tasked with teaching, scheduling, coordinating and
overseeing the activities of Field Professionals and
The work requires the exercise of independent judgment and
discretion in handling specific details and activities. The
incumbent is expected to work both independently and within a team
environment with minimum supervision.
- Evaluate, discuss and understand client needs and prepare
- Coordinate and manage routine geotechnical, CMT and/or
environmental project activities, including staff or field
operations and/or selected lab activities.
- Inspect work and/or troubleshoot field quality control issues
and make recommendations for corrections.
- Accurately correlate basic soil properties with field data and
classification test results.
- Prepare high level analytical geotechnical, CMT and/or
environmental reports for appropriate and timely distribution.
- Track budgets & project financials for accuracy; invoice
- Maintain positive business relationships with clients,
government officials, contractors, etc.
- Participate in professional meetings and/or business
development functions as needed.
- Perform other special assignments and projects as assigned by
Branch or Project Management.
- Solid knowledge of engineering principals.
- Thorough knowledge of Geotechnical, Construction
Materials Testing and/or Environmental practices, procedures, codes
- Ability to communicate effectively with a thorough
knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary.
Communications must be open and honest in keeping with Building &
Earth open communication
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and confidential
records and data and to prepare easily understandable reports for
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize tasks and
- Ability to build and maintain effective working
relationships with other employees, clients and client
representatives and the public with a focus on maintaining a
Customer/Client focus at all times.
- Ability to dress, speak and act professionally &
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- PE License required
- 3 years’ experience OR Master’s degree in related
- Experience in geotechnical investigations, geotechnical
(or related) reports, defining testing plans, interpreting test
data, performing engineering analyses for foundation design,
drilling, boring plan layout, site preparation issues and/or
Keywords: Building & Earth Sciences, Auburn , Staff Engineer (Civil Engineer) - Auburn, AL, Other , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!