Material Handler II/Shuttle Driver
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Shuttle, replace and move trailers to, from, and around the
Manufacturing Plant and satellite Warehouse. Load and/or unload
trailers at the Finished Goods, Receiving, and other CVI Facilities
as directed. Physically unload product and place into designated
locations using Powered Industrial Truck (forklift). Complete and
verify all material transfer documentation utilizing the current
Warehouse Management System and ensure the accuracy of transactions
thereof by conducting daily audits of material transfers.
Occasionally work, as assigned, to prepare small packages and truck
load shipments. Work closely with Warehouse Supervisor to maintain
housekeeping and workplace organization standards.
- Be licensed to operate over the road truck and comply with DOT
- Transport and offload, arrange, count, and store, items for
shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer
requirements while sustaining a high level of quality to ensure
customers receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Locate finished goods on a daily basis using fork lifts. Verify
the quality, type and amount of materials received are correct and
that the appropriate documentation is present.
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
- Confers and corresponds with appropriate individuals to
troubleshoot problems, such as damages, shortages, etc.
- Delivers or routes materials to departments, using work
devices, such as pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc., to move
- Maintains awareness of work environment and traffic at all
times to insure safety of workers and maintain quality of
- Mark or read/compare identifying information such as location,
part numbers, description, quantity, etc.,
- Operates scanner system to maintain inventory, parts,
processing orders, shipping status, etc.
- Wears appropriate PPE when performing job duties such as high
visibility clothing, earplugs, safety shoes, safety glasses,
- Works with others to accomplish best flow of materials and
information throughout work area, and plant wide.
- Performs count on designated parts to be moved and adjusts
errors when needed.
- Performs equipment safety check and completes documentation as
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or
production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers,
by hand or using hand-trucks, tractor/trailer, or other
- Perform additional duties including, but not limited to, order
picking, staging and shipping.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch, reach, climb, repetitively to
accomplish goals of the warehouse and stock room and direct impact
of company-wide production and shipping goals.
- Ability to frequently lift and maneuver items that vary in size
weighing up to 50 pounds individually or occasionally with
assistance from others or by utilizing automated equipment.
- Ability to work in team environment and communicate well with
- Ability to observe all activities throughout work areas to
accomplish safety goals for self and others.
- Computer Experience: Ability to maintain basic knowledge of
Windows Operating System and Inventory control procedures.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: The requirements listed
below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To
perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to
complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a
team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution
and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- General warehouse experience is preferred.
- Prior experience operating a powered industrial truck
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance necessary for
adequate scheduling and coverage.
- CDL Class A license required
Mon-Fri, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM- Start time may vary based on business
Weekend responsibilities include four (4) to eight (8) hours on
No relocation assistance offered.
Expected Travel 0-5%
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Auburn , Material Handler II/Shuttle Driver, Other , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!