Company: Holiday Retirement
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Community Name: 5943 MONARCH ESTATES AUBURN AL
A Cook at Holiday helps older people live better by preparing
nutritious and appetizing meals to residents from an efficient,
smooth-running, and safe kitchen.
What We Offer:
- A steady, full-time schedule with consistent hours
- Paid Holidays and Vacation for eligible full-time
- Anniversary Award - $500 per year after 2 years
- One free meal per day in our communities
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer match!
- A career path, with the opportunity to learn and grow
- A Certified Great Place to Work that provides a fun and
Where You Can Go:
This is only the beginning. We love empowering and promoting our
employees and provide dedicated and talented team members the
opportunity to move up the career ladder with us.
In the role of Cook and member of the Dining Services team, you
will be responsible to prepare nutritious, appetizing, and
attractive meals for our residents and ensure a smooth, efficient
and safe operation of the kitchen.
- Review menus and food-production instructions and prepare meals
following Holiday menus and recipes while ensuring portion-control
- Oversee preparation and set-up of serving carts to serve
nutritious food, attractively garnished in a punctual manner.
- Follow food safe handling procedures in preparation as well as
proper procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing
- Ensure logs are accurately completed in a timely manner. i.e.,
refrigerator, freezer and production sheets)
- Follow Holiday sanitation standards by effectively cleaning
while working, including preparation and serving areas, pots and
pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors, using appropriate
cleaning schedules and charts.
- Focus on resident satisfaction and resolve any food-compliant
issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in industry or full-service
- Ability to prepare and follow Holiday recipes
- Effective communication in English and excellent customer
- General knowledge of and ability to conform to sanitation and
safe food handling practices
- Basic Computer skills preferred
For 50 years, Holiday has been in the business of helping older
adults live better, age more successfully and stay independent for
as long as possible. We accomplish this by following these
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates,
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying
Today, over 25,000 older adults in 240 communities across 43
states call a Holiday community home: and our employees agree.
Beginning in early 2018, and every year since, Holiday has been
certified a great workplace by Great Place to Work Institute(R), an
honor that was also extended to 221 of its communities in 2020.
Helping older people live better is a tremendous privilege and we
would love to share more about our mission with you.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local,
state, or federal law.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of
older people, we'd love to talk to you.
Req ID: 94786
Keywords: Holiday Retirement, Auburn , Cook, Other , Auburn, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!