SHIFT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Who we are:
At Aptar, we use insights, design, engineering and science to
create innovative packaging technologies that build brand value for
our customers, and, in turn, make a meaningful difference in the
lives, looks, health and homes of people around the world.
Every day, Aptar creates "a-ha moments" for its customers and
their consumers and patients by continually bringing innovations to
market that convert non-dispensing packaging into breakthrough
product-dispensing systems, including those that give people more
effective ways to put on their favorite fragrance, kids the
opportunity to pour ketchup without making a mess and patients
connected technologies that help them more easily adhere to
We have manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, Asia
and South America and over 14,000 dedicated employees in some 20
You should work here because we:
- Attract and develop high performing people.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Allow for failure by allowing people to make mistakes through
an open and trusting environment.
- Invest in the development of employees through local, regional
and global career opportunities.
- Contribute to the communities where we reside.
What's new with Aptar:
We have an exciting position open in Auburn, AL. : Shift
Production Supervisor reporting to our Production Manager This
position will be in charge of:
- Supervise shift and functions to ensure timely and efficient
operation to achieve high quality products.
- Responsible for efficient use of material, equipment, and human
resources on the shift
- Supervise all personnel on the shift for proper application of
company policies and procedures, on the job performance, and
implement disciplinary actions when needed
- Coordinates shift production resources to ensure optimum
product flow and maximize equipment, materials, and manpower
utilization for the shift
- Monitors Manufacturing equipment and personnel for compliance
with quality and GMP requirements.
- Completes and reviews shift production reports and works with
the other shift supervisors and staff to meet daily, weekly and
monthly goals for quality and operational efficiency.
- Insures that all shift Human Resources are provided with on the
job training including safety, quality, job duties and emergency
- Works with support groups to implement and support operational
needs and improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good
Housekeeping and GMP conditions
- Evaluates hourly employee performance /competency and
formulates recommendations and approaches to develop their
abilities to perform at their maximum potential.
- Oversees adherence to all applicable documented procedures and
instructions and responsible for reviewing, improving and updating
documentation, as assigned or deemed needed.
- Works closely with maintenance and management to ensure minimal
downtime and effective use of employees during unplanned
- Managing employee timecards and vacation requests
What you will bring on the journey:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent Required
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in manufacturing/production
- 5+ years of demonstrated skills to achieve all job
- General Computer knowledge and the ability to collect data,
charts data and can analyze information in a presentable manner to
support job responsibilities.
- Six Sigma, SAP or lean principles a plus, but demonstrated
ability to acquire is a must
- Personal drive to grow and improve oneself and lead others to
do the same
- Ability to identify and implement innovative solutions for
- Proven ability to communicate and work across departments and
levels of the organization.
- Experience and ability to schedule, hire, counsel and train
What we offer:
An exciting, diverse and value based working environment.
Award-winning corporate university offering personal development
and training opportunities.
Competitive base salary and performance-based bonus plan.
Contribute to the communities where we reside.
Innovative benefits plan which includes: 401K plan, vacation,
medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and generous paid
Be You. Be aptar:
Aptar is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that a
diverse workforce is key to our success. We welcome applications
from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability,
sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
Nearest Major Market: Auburn
Nearest Secondary Market: Opelika