Company: Talantage Staffing Solutions
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Job Title: - Assistant Superintendent/Safety Job Summary:The AS/
Safety assists the Superintendent by managing designated field
activities associated with the project and supervision of
designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees.
Assists the project team to ensure the project is built on time,
within budget, and in accordance with company's construction
policies & procedures. The Assistant Superintendent/ Safety will be
responsible for assisting Project Managers, Superintendents, and
Project Engineers in the execution of Safety and Health Manual and
Site- Specific Plans. They will review subcontractor safety plans
to ensure compliance with OSHA, Owners, and -Construction safety
- Assists the Superintendent in communicating with subcontractors
and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction
regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and
procedures, permits, safety, quality control and other performance
- Collaborates with Superintendent to ensure project site and
company assets are secure, and maintains a safe and respectful
working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk
management, training, and quality control programs.
- Attends weekly project progress meetings with all subcontractor
representatives and understand the upcoming week s work to be
- Assists Superintendent in ensuring the project closeout process
is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all
resources, and transition the project to the customer.
- Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules, and
requirements for completion on a regular basis to support and
assist the Project Manager/Superintendent.
- Recognize and enforce quality standards through daily
inspection of homes under construction.
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to
serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the
- Understands project specifications, the contract, and the
contract s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and
subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality
- Ensure all materials are properly tested according to
specifications, and ensure all test results are properly
- Develop and maintain good rapport with subcontractors, clients,
- Execute company policies and enforces uniformity on
construction methods to ensure compliance with quality
- Assists Superintendent in scheduling of subcontractors
- In absence of Superintendent, makes sure all schedules,
policies, and guidelines are maintained
- Create and educate Subcontractors on Construction Site-
Specific Safety Plans.
- Attend safety walks and inspections before and during each
project to analyze safety risks and provide mitigation plans as
- Assist team in the development of Emergency Action Plans.
- Monitor Subcontractor Weekly Safety meetings and Toolbox
- Perform Root Cause Analysis for each Record-able and/or Lost
Time incidentEducation, Experience and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 years of field construction experience
- OSHA 30 certification
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company
communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft
products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- 2 years field supervision experiencePreferred Experience
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a
related field OSHA 30
- Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple
activities to accomplish desired results.
- Experience sequencing and building schedulesTalantage Staffing
Solutions is committed to presenting candidates that contribute to
an organizations culture of inclusivity and its commitment to
diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our recruitment
practices. - We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. -
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. - Our equal
opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S.
state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
-#INDHPPM20 -Powered by JazzHRPI5dcda6abcc11-31181-33223104
Keywords: Talantage Staffing Solutions, Auburn , Assistant Superintendent/Safety, Other , Tuskegee, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!